This Time Will Be Different*: A 365 Painting Project
Progress tracker: 129/365 paintings done (week 19).
*See the bottom of the page for why.
What's the Process?
- Create a realistic painting on 4x4" rounded-corner "coasters" (heavy card stock) every day for a year.
- The maximum (creation) time limit per painting is 1 hr. & each are done a day ahead of posting.
- Every day of the week has a theme with occasional (saucy) bonus paintings thrown in on Mondays (see below).
- Daily posts are made to dedicated IG & Twitter accounts (addresses TBD), my established FB page & a gallery that lives here.
In the past, I'd just wing my 365 projects and rapidly run out of ideas. Devising a new object every day becomes exhausting fast, leading to dread, and that doesn't jibe with happy art-making. This time I'm out-smarting myself with several pre-emptive moves - a one-hour time limit per day for painting creation, creating the paintings a day in advance (so I'm not posting them the day-of at 11:59pm), a stockpile of 400 sheets of paper already "torn down" to the perfect uniform size, the themes you see below, and a veritable cornucopia of references that I amassed before the project started.
What are the Themes?
What's the End Game?
- Gallery show(s).
- Selling the original paintings, prints, posters of each/each theme.
- Authoring a Bored Panda article.
- Pitching a coffee table-esque book to a publisher.