ARTPRIZE 2016: HOW TO DRAW THE HUMAN EYE
VENUE: WOMEN'S CITY CLUB, 254 E. FULTON ST., GRAND RAPIDS, MI, 49503
WHEN: SEPTEMBER 21st - OCTOBER 9th, 2016 (1st ROUND VOTING IS 9/21 - 10/1)
VOTING CODE: 62588
New! 9.13.16 - Final Video of all Time Lapses
This work focuses on the human eye and all of its magnificent detail.
I spent many years as a scientist studying the eye (did you know that
looking at an eye is looking at someone’s brain?) and I've drawn
them since I was quite young.
Are they the "windows to the soul”?
What can you learn when you study/render the eyes of another?
What commonalities and differences can you appreciate?
Through precise detail with pencil & ink, these works ask you to explore the seemingly "everyday" so you might realize that no human eye is commonplace at all.
- 09.13.2016 - Final video done and posted to YouTube.
- 09.05.2016 - 25th drawing is complete! Framing will start this week at my studio & hanging is a week from Friday!
- 08.26.16 - Drawing #20 is complete! 4 to go...
- 08.22.16 - Hanging design finalized - phew!
- 08.22.16 - 25 frames on order from americanframe.com
- 08.14.16 - 20th drawing is under way!
- 06.06.16 - First time lapse posted to YouTube
- 05.29.16 - I HAVE A VENUE!! Thank you, Women's City Club!
- 04.19.16 - I am registered and my profile page is live! Just waiting to begin the process of finding a venue!