This work focuses on the human eye and all of its magnificent detail. I'm pushing boundaries into a new technique that I'm developing and I'm experimenting with a larger scale.
I spent many years as a scientist studying the eye and I've drawn them since I was quite young.
In fact, I recently gave a TEDx talk where I talked about this: WATCH IT HERE.
Are eyes the "windows to the soul”?
What can you learn when you study/render the eyes of another?
What commonalities and differences can you appreciate?
Through precise detail with watercolor, carbon dust, colored pencil, chalk, ink & sharpie, this work asks you to explore the seemingly "everyday" so you might realize that no human eye is commonplace at all.
- 09.10.17 - My piece is up and on-display at The B.O.B. in Grand Rapids! (see image at top of this page)
- 09.01.17 - The custom aluminum frame has been delivered!
- 05.09.17 - Excited to announce that I'm returning to The B.O.B for ArtPrize 2017!
- 04.18.17 - I've begun spending a lot of time in my studio getting this sucker started.
- 04.17.17 - I am registered and my profile page is live! Just waiting to begin the process of finding a venue!
- 04.05.17 - Time lapse posted to YouTube